Our tomato lab was kindly hosted and led by Chef Maki. Here’s some good practical advices from her!
- Tomatoes are best stored at room temperature to better preserve its natural flavors. Place then stem up in a paper bag and keep away from sunlight.
- The best tasting tomatoes are vine ripe! Keep them with the vine and they’ll stay fresh longer.
- Before cutting tomatoes, make sure the knife is sharp. Run the blade over honing steel for sharper edge. Offset serated knife is also useful for tomatoes, especially if you need thin slices.
- If you want to squeeze the seeds out, roast or sear, cut the tomato horizontally rather than vertically.
- Store cut tomatoes in airtight container and in the fridge. They rot fast so use as soon as you can.
Follow us on Facebook!
Tag cloudbab beef meat beet BoP commando BoP Folyamatika BoP labor BoP piac bulb butter cake carrots csirke disznógén domestication domestication eggs fish folyamatika french fries gasztro kosher lencse mangalica margarin meat consumption meat quality mushrooms méz mézhamisítás onion paradicsom paradicsom-paprika pig ponty pork map pork meat potatoes salt saláta sausage sms swineherd telítetlen zsírsav teszt trans fat